Join Our A-Team
C. M. T. S. is a trusted independent commercial fleet repair shop located in Charlton, MA. With over three decades of experience in the industry, we have established ourselves as a reliable and reputable provider of diesel repair services.
We are a full-service shop with a focus on preventive maintenance which reveals defects in vehicles. We then provide repairs to ensure the safe efficient use of vehicles as required by DOT Regulations.
We strongly believe in the power of teamwork and foster a close-knit community within our shop. As a small and passionate team, we prioritize building a warm and welcoming atmosphere where every team member is treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. We firmly believe that a positive work environment directly translates into an exceptional service experience for our valued customers.
We are currently seeking 2 technicians. One to focus on heavy-duty truck repairs and one to focus on light/medium truck repairs. If you have a passion for providing exceptional service, embracing innovation, and pursuing personal development, then you're the kind of team member we're looking for. Working with us means being part of an exciting environment where our collective passion for our craft is contagious.
Join us at C. M. T. S. and be a part of a team that loves what they do. Discover a workplace where growth, excellence, and true teamwork thrive. Your expertise and dedication will be recognized and rewarded as we continue to push the boundaries of exceptional service in our industry.
Typical Vehicles and equipment that we service include but are not limited to:
- Ford: gas engines and diesel engines most popular being the 6.7-liter diesel
- Rams w/ Cummins engines
- GM’s mostly gas engines but an occasional Duramax
- Vanair Air Compressors
- Ingersoll Rand Air Compressors
- Sullair Air Compressors
- Cummins Onan Generators
- Multiquip Whisperwatt Generators w/ Isuzu engines
- Landoll Trailers with hydraulic functions
- Benlee Trailers with hydraulic functions
- Clean, organized shop
- Great pay
- Up-to-date software, we run J-pro w/ Mitchell maintenance and repair information
- Also equipped with many other scan tools.
- Fullbay shop management with tablets and training is included.
- Lead tech opportunity available for qualified candidates.
This role is responsible for:
- Maintain diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements
- Correct vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records
- Diagnose and repair A/C systems in any vehicle.
- Diagnose and repair steering and suspension problems and perform alignments on any vehicle.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance
- Perform inspections, diagnosis, and repair of Electrical, Hydraulic, Suspension, Brake, and Air systems
- Able to utilize vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes and assign repairs
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Complete required paperwork and maintain records associated with repairs
- Working knowledge of computers and basic operation
- Work with a high degree of independence and with a high level of productivity
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this position include
- Preferred 5 years of experience with diesel engine repair
- Preferred 5 years of electronic diagnostic knowledge
- Preferred 10 years of mechanical experience and knowledge
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Proficiency in using mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and email to document repairs and communication and the ability to learn new platforms
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Enthusiastic team player
- Punctual, able to follow instructions, multi-task and apply initiative
- Positive attitude, safety consciousness, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks
Employees can choose a schedule that suits their home life:
- Monday - Thursday (Friday off) 7 am - 6 pm or
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Wednesday off) 7 am - 6 pm or,
- Monday - Friday 8 am – 5 pm
🧰 Employee discount
🏖️ Paid time off
💸 Retirement plan with 3% match
❤️🩹 Health Insurance
💵 Yearly bonus
🎓 Paid training
⚖️ Work/Life Balance
Salary: $50 per hour dependent on experience level
FLAT RATE OR HOURLY POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.